Error in SPARC installation floppies

Hi.  I'm trying to install (via floppy) Debian Potato onto my 2 processor
SPARCstation 20, and I'm getting some weird errors.  It boots with the
rescue image, and I get up to "Install Operating System Kernel and Modules"
before I get this error (on inserting the driver-1.bin image from
ftp.debian.org):

     This is disk 1 of 2 in the drv14-sun4cdm series of [snip]
     Wrong disk.  This is from series drv14-sun4cdm.
     You need disk 1 of series the driver series.

I am positive this is not an error with the floppy media.  I got the
boot-floppies debian package installed onto my Debian PC, compiled
floppy_split, and rewrote the floppy images with what I assumed was the
appropriate name for this series, "driver".  I returned to my office with
what I thought were the correct images; unfortunately, there is some other
problem.  Upon inserting my custom driver floppy 1:

     This is disk 1 of 2 in the driver series of 15-Apr-2001
     19:19 EDT.
     Wrong disk.  This is from series driver.
     You need disk 1 of series the driver series.

So it seems the installation program is looking for driver disks labeled
with something other than "driver" or "drv14-suncdm"; "the driver" perhaps?
Is that possible?

Can someone give me a hand here?  I'd hate to have to hack the installation
system myself because of what is probably a typo.  It's either that or
NetBSD.

I'm not subscribed to any Debian lists, so please respond to my email
address, karlward@columbia.edu .

Thanks.

-k