Re: patch to fix debootstrap invocation on local archive

Matt Kraai <kraai@debian.org> writes:

> The third item in the todo list reports that debootstrap is
> failing to work for local archives.  This occurs because
> dbootstrap invokes it with the path, rather than a URL.  The
> following patch should fix this.  As I don't have a system on
> which to test it at the moment, could someone else please try it
> and report back?

No, that's not the problem.  The problem is that is wants to be be
passed the cd mount point dir, other other archive top level, not a
directory deep in the archive.  I've fixed that in choose_medium.c.

There's a second problem, that an expected file,
<top>/dists/woody/Release does not exist on the woody CD that I have.
This is not the same as <top>/dists/woody/main/binary-i386/Release
(which is what we check for).

That's a bug against debian-cd which has already been filed.

Anyhow, this does highlight that we need to cope with errors and
problems in debootstrap a *lot* more gracefully.   I don't know if
that has well defined exit codes (archive not found, out of memory,
out of disk, etc).  I hope so, because we can't very well do an
interface without that.

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@onshore.com.....<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>