Re: Bugs report

Title: Re: Bugs report

> Shouldn't be that hard actually.  I just don't have time.  Heck, I'm
> not going to have time to build b-f at all for another week.
>
> The swim3 code has almost everything necessary to do this; look at
> swim3_revalidate and fs->ejected.  We could write a busy loop to poll
> that EASILY, and bypass the keyboard issue.  I don't have time to test
> it.
>
> I may be able to write it if someone else can test it though.  I'll try
> to mail it in a day or two.

I'd be very happy to test the boot floppy image on my oldworld. It definitely displays the problem consistently. I don't have a working Linux installation yet.

BTW, this is probably a simplistic approach, but...

I did a text search of the source for boot-flopppies-2.2.17, kernel-image-2.2.17, kernel-image-2.2.18pre21, BootX 1.1.3, 1.2.1, 1.2.2, and miboot 1.0d3, 1.0d4, looking for the term 'Insert root floppy disk' and came up empty. I did notice one little thing, which probably isn't significant. The Debian boot-floppy zImage, going by the date it was built, is probably about concurrent with BootX 1.2.1 or so. However the System file in the boot floppy image is marked in Mac's 'Get Info' as 1.0d3; it was distributed with miboot 1.0d3 before miboot was wrapped with BootX. There are probably some changed or additional resources in the newer System file, although they may only be significant for use with BootX. The newer System file is about 92k, the older one is about 78K. I tried just substituting the newer System file with zImage from the 2.2.18 image, but got the same result.