Re: FW: help with DPT I2O SmartRAID V support

"Laubacher Libor" <LLaubacher@cpoj.cz> writes:

>  well, I tried, but doesnt work.  I have 20 debians on our
>  subbranches.
>
>  Now had to install Adaptec 2100S HW Raid 1, but have a driver for
>  2.2.16 kernel from Adaptec.  Need driver for 2.4.x kernel.
>
>  Is any way how to generate it from 2.2.16 ?

Eh?  I'm confused.  The version of the boot-floppies at
http://people.debian.org/~aph/current is 2.2.18pre21.

You are saying that you tried the 'compact' kernel and that it didnt'
work because that kernel doesn't have the adaptec patch you need?
That may have been fixed in 2.2.19pre11-1, but I show that only
affects aic7xxx chipsets.

Have you tried the new 2.2.19pre17-1 kernel image package from
potato-proposed-updates?  Does that fix it?

If not, please file a bug against kernel-source-2.2.19pre17 .

> Its Smart Raid V driver, in linux therminology.  Suse OK, RH OK,
> Debian not.  Its not good.

Nope.

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@onshore.com.....<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>