Re: TFTP booting on SPARCstation IPX

> "James Ascroft-Leigh" <JamesAsc@bigfoot.com> writes:
>
> > I am not sure if this is the correct email address but I am having a problem
> > booting into Debian on my SPARCstation IPX.
> > Actually I have two IPXs with
> > 48Mb RAM and 16Mb RAM, ROM Rev 2.4 and ROM Rev. 2.3 respectively.
> >
> > They both act in exactly the same manner when I boot them from my other Sun
> > computer, a SPARCstation IPX using the command 'boot net'.  They will
> > successfully download the boot image and begin to execute it but they appear
> > to freeze on when they try to load Linux.  The screen says:
> >
> > OK boot net
> > Boot device: /sbus/le@0,c00000   File and args:
> > 1e460
> > TILO
> > Booting Linux...
> >
> > I am using the potato image for the sun4cdm named tftpboot.img.  This file
This didn't work here neither on an ELC (sun4c, like the IPX)

> > worked fine on the SPARCstation 5 and also the two IPXs booted fine using
> the RedHat tftpboot images and the slink image
                                     ^^^^^
>(I would prefer to use the
> potato image because slink did not seem to give me the option to install
> over HTTP or FTP directly from ftp.uk.debian.org).

Yes, same stuff here.

The only solution I came up with was to dump the potato tftpboot.img and use
the a.out kernel instead. There's some setting up to do but nothing
very difficult. And it's pretty fast over a fast http mirror 8^)

HTH,

--
Ragga