Link cfdisk with libncurses instead of slang?

Hi,

I'm the new maintainer of util-linux. I'm currently considering to link
cfdisk with ncurses instead of slang. This would have the advantage that
util-linux would no longer depend on slang1 (that means no essential
package will have a dependency on slang1 then).

But then I saw that the reason why cfdisk was linked with slang was #52559
that was a follow-up of a discussion started in December 1999 [1] because
of problems with building potato boot floppies.

Could anyone tell me if it would cause any problems when I link cfdisk
in unstable with ncurses again?

Thanks in advance
Adrian

PS: Please Cc me since I'm not on this list.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot-9912/msg00213.html

--

Nicht weil die Dinge schwierig sind wagen wir sie nicht,
sondern weil wir sie nicht wagen sind sie schwierig.