two scsi controllers

Hello everyone,

I recently installed a second scsi controller dedicated to the cd-rom
with the hard drives remaining on the fast scsi controller. I now have
trouble getting the second scsi controller and the cd-rom recognized.

In lilo, I tried append = 'aha1542=0x230,12' but this did not do
anything AIAK -- the kernel continues to recognize only the AHA-2842.
Could anyone tell me how to get the second scsi controller recognized by
the kernel?

Here is my setup:
486DX/100
32 MB RAM
Adaptec AHA-2842 VL SCSI controller
Adaptec AHA-1542 ISA SCSI controller
4 x 0.5GB SCSI HDD
SCSI CD-ROM
SMC 8416BT NIC
Debian 2.2r2

Thank you for your assistance.

Hendrik Schaink

--
Hendrik M. Schaink
Prop. & Chief Consultant

InfoVision Consulting  "Small Business Solutions & Dependable Service"
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Phone: (403) 239-0099