Re: Extended floppy : summary

On Fri, Feb 23, 2001 at 09:58:04PM +1100, Glenn McGrath wrote:
> List wrote:
> >
> > You want to put MORE data on a disk? It usualy takes me a 10 pack to get
> > on or two I can boot from, and even then they only last a few hours...  I
> > think this just asking for trouble.  :-)
> > tim...
> >

> Are you being serious ?
>
> Sounds like you floppy drive is broken, or your buying packs of used
> disks.

And if he has such problems, the size of the medium is not one of these : he
simply needs to use something else ;)

BTW, I had a look to the El Torito specifications, and if the floppy
emulation is defined (720 Kb, 1.20, 1.44, 2.88), there is also "hard disk"
and "no emulation" (like a hard disk but does not mask 0x80 one). So just to
say that, if we can use more than 1.44, we will not be forced to make
something special for El torito CDs : we shall be able to reuse the same
image.

--
Thierry LARONDE, Centre de Ressources Informatiques, Archamps - France
http://www.cri74.org