debian-installer and devfs

I've been playing with devfs.  I'm considering it on the install system for the
following reasons:
- allow for entire root filesystem on read-only media (cdrom)
- cleaner way to build install disks, don't need to be root and mknod or copy
  form /dev
- it is a saner naming scheme.
- anything else?

Does anyone have a feeling for whether or not we should include devfsd? My gut
feeling is no, as it will cost 20-30k.  I think we can simply create the
symlinks we need a boot in a smaller script, though the installer will be a bit
more flexible with devfsd.

Anyway, I'll see if I can get a floppy to boot with it and we can move on from
there.

Thoughts?

David