Re: new install

You ask:

Q How to download files and install inside of windows?
A Windows has ftp/www clients, use them to download to e.g. c:\tmp
  then reboot to linux; mount your_win_part /mnt
  and your downloaded files are available in /mnt/tmp

Q KNE100TX, drivers:
A vanilla 2.2.12 uses: tulip.c:v0.89H 5/23/98 becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov
  vanilla 2.2.18 uses: tulip.c:v0.91g-ppc 7/16/99 becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov
  I don't have any problems with the kne100tx and 2.2.18.
  You are probably experiencing that auto negotiation is not working.

Regards,
/Karl

PS.
I think you used the wrong list. Try debian-user next time.
"Creating and modifying of the boot floppies is the subject of this
list."

Karl Hammar                    Aspö Data           karl@kalle.csb.ki.se
Lilla Aspö 2340             +46  173 140 57                    Networks
S-742 94 Östhammar         +46  10 270 26 67                  Computers
Sweden                                                       Consulting