Re: ramdisk with ae for serial console

At 9:31 +0100 2/19/01, Peter Ruser wrote:
>> >Hello
>> >
>> >I am looking for a ramdisk-image with an editor that works on a serial
>> >console.
>> >
>> >The ramdisk-image that comes with potato has the editor ae. But when
>working
>> >with the serial console (the server has no graphic-card) I get an error
>with
>> >the slang library when trying to start ae.
>> >

>> What is the error exactly?
>
>The error is:
>S-Lang Error: Unknown Error Code
>SLcurses_initscr: init failed

I'm not sure, but it could be a "termcap problem"

>> >I guess the library on the ramdisk is only good for working with a
>graphic
>> >card.
>> >

>> Which value has 'TERM'?
>
>TERM=vt102
>I use minicom for terminal emulation, which is likewise set to vt102.

In ramdisk there is support for 'ansi' and 'linux'

( do `ls /usr/lib/terminfo/` on ramdisk system and full installed system )

set TERM to 'ansi' or 'linux' and give it an other try

>Thanks for the reply.

Please report your results

Groet Geert Stappers
Hit the right key to continue