SOLVED: 2.2r2 installs but hda busy

"Herbert Xu" <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au> wrote:

> > So I probably need a customized kernel to upgrade....
>
> If you can get the system up, you can turn it off with hdparm.  We will
> probably turn DMA_AUTO off in future.

No, wait, it's OK!  I tried a custom kernel with DMA off -- yet the "busy"
messages were still there.

So I tried a kernel with the DMA on again but with:

# CONFIG_BLK_DEV_CMD640 is not set
# CONFIG_BLK_DEV_RZ1000 is not set

and this worked -- no "busy" messages even with disk intensive processes
(e.g, recompiling the code).

Whatever fixes CMD640 and/or RZ1000 typically make to the Neptune IDE
chipset were affecting my Triton chipset, I guess.

The only glitch I've seen has been "modprobe: Can't find module net-pf-10".
Any ideas on how to fix this?  It seems to have popped up around the time I
started exim as a daemon....

Thanks!

Tod
abl.com