ramdisk with ae for serial console

Hello

I am looking for a ramdisk-image with an editor that works on a serial
console.

The ramdisk-image that comes with potato has the editor ae. But when working
with the serial console (the server has no graphic-card) I get an error with
the slang library when trying to start ae.

I guess the library on the ramdisk is only good for working with a graphic
card.

Thanks for help.
Peter Ruser

Unix/Linux Systems Engineer
Energis GmbH, Rothenbaumchaussee 3-5, 20148 Hamburg
Fon: +49 40 450 330-62              Fax: +49 40 450 330-92
http://www.energis-deutschland.de           pruser@energisd.de