Re: Help with multi install

After you have installed one - you could:

  1)
  check whats node specific:
cd /etc
find . -type f | xargs grep your_ip_number
find . -type f | xargs grep your_hostname
# above are the files to edit later

enable SULOGIN=yes in /etc/default/rcS
shutdown -h now
while more_disks
do
  connect your disks as (ide disks assumed) primary slave, secondary master and slave
  boot and login at first login
  dd if=/dev/hda of=/dev/hdb
  dd if=/dev/hda of=/dev/hdc
  dd if=/dev/hda of=/dev/hdd
  for i in all_partitions; do fsck -f $i; done
  for i in root_partitions
  do
    mount $i /mnt
    $EDITOR /mnt/etc/$above_files;
    umount /mnt
  done
  shutdown -h now
  disconnect drives and install them in target pc's
done

  2)
dpkg --get-selections > list
while more_pcs
do
  base install it
  fetch file list above
  dpkg --set-selections < list
  dpkg something_I_forgot or
  dselect # go to install, or
  apt-get -i `cat list`
done

Regards,
/Karl

Karl Hammar                    Aspö Data           karl@kalle.csb.ki.se
Lilla Aspö 2340             +46  173 140 57                    Networks
S-742 94 Östhammar         +46  10 270 26 67                  Computers
Sweden                                                       Consulting