Re: modutils-udeb

[ David and are talking about why his builds seem so much bigger.. ]

David Whedon wrote:
> wierd, I'm not sure: for reference, this is my most recent one:
> System stats
> ------------
> Installed udebs: anna main-menu cdebconf-udeb udpkg busybox-udeb ash-udeb
> choose-mirror wget-retriever niccfg-manual netcfg-static netkit-tiny-udeb
> nic-modules-2.4.0-di isa-pnp-modules-2.4.0-di modutils-udeb
> Total system size: 2.3M
> Compresses to: 830k
> Single Floppy kernel must be less than: ~570k

2.3M is HUGE. Does mklibs say it is making "small lib from .." 3
times when you build? For slang, libm, and libc. I'll hazard a guess
that you don't have slang-pic installed.. Here are my stats:

Installed udebs: anna main-menu cdebconf-udeb udpkg busybox-udeb ash-udeb choose-mirror wget-retriever niccfg-manual netcfg-static netkit-tiny-udeb nic-modules-2.4.0-di isa-pnp-modules-2.4.0-di modutils-basic
Total system size: 1.6M
Compresses to: 660k
Single Floppy kernel must be less than: ~740k

> Maybe that will help, the fuzz factor you had to add teh the initrd size is
> puzzlign too.

I wonder if you'll start seeing the fuzz factor issue when you fix your
library reduction problem ...

--
see shy jo