Re: Udebs?

Sun, Jan 28, 2001 at 12:16:28PM -0500 wrote:
> I'm sorry I've only been subscribed to this list for about 1 month.

In general searching the mailing list archive is a good place to start.
http://lists.debian.org/search.html
or you can browse the list:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot-0012/threads.html
> what is a udeb? and is there anywere I can find out more info ?
A udeb  is  a 'micro-deb' used by debian-installer, the eventual replacement for
boot-floppies.  debian-installer will be modular, each component is a udeb.

> cdebconf ?
an implementation of the debian configuration management system, written in C.
The original implementation was written in perl and as such is too large to be
used by debian-installer.

> ( Looked on the cvs but couldn't find anything. may be I'm looking in the
> wrong place ? )

There is also some documentation in CVS:
$ export CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous@cvs.debian.org:/cvs/debian-boot
$ cvs login
(Logging in to anonymous@cvs.debian.org)
CVS password:
$ cvs co  debian-installer
$ cd debian-installer/doc/
$ ls
CVS/                    design.txt              retriever.txt
ISSUES                  goals.txt               ui.txt
README                  hardware-detection.txt  walkthrough.txt
TODO                    modules.txt