debian-installer kernel

I have figured out how to handle the kernel for debian-installer. I have
a package that will build a special flavor of the 2.4 kernel called
"2.4.0-di". It will make an kernel-image file, and all the module udebs.

I'm using a flavor for now to avoid stepping on any toes, once debian
installer becomes the primary install method that will be done away
with.

If a user at some point in the future wants to build their own special
kernel and use it to install with, I think they'll be able to do so with
a minimum of fuss, using the package.

I'll check it into cvs shortly, and the kernel-splitter directory will
be removed.

--
see shy jo