Re: busybox insmod

On Thu Jan 25, 2001 at 11:10:52PM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:

> How about just make modutils create a udeb?

While I would love to get some more archs (such as mips) supported in busybox
insmod, I really do have to agree here.  modutils is going to be a better
choice for the installer.

I did the busybox insmod for a special case where I had to load a proprietary
kernel module from an absolutely minimal initrd (the module was needed to mount
the root fs).  It does a fine job for the supported arches, but trying to
handle all the wierd corner cases (like 64 bit) would be painful.

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersee@debian.org