Re: [svlug] debian install troubles

duperron@charter.net (Vince Duperron) writes:

> A bit frustrating to have received a beer coaster instead of a linux
> distro in the mail yesterday!
>
> Think the folks at linuxcentral will care if I mention this problem to
> them?  I'm not out any money (not to speak of anyway), but I'd hate
> to think of somebody else wasting this much time on a problem that
> is already fixed.

What version of the CDs do you have?  As far as I'm aware, except for
2.2r0 on, uh, Alpha, all the official versions of the CDs are good.

Are you sure you did the "configure base" step?  While you're booted
from floppy or CD, before you reboot your system, do you have a file,
/target/etc/environment ?

I install from 2.2r2 CDs all the time.  THey work fine.  Of course
there are bugs in them that will be fixed in the as-yet unreleased
2.2r3 CDs, but that's progress, right?