Re: daily builds

On Tue Jan 23, 2001 at 04:10:42PM +1100, Glenn McGrath wrote:

> Like, if we put all the core stuff (busybox, main menu, cdebconf, etc)
> into an initrd we could then either chroot to a new filesystem, or mount
> another partition to get more space.

This is called "pivot root", and requires support from init.  Busybox
init supports an over variant on pivot root theme, but not yet pivot
root itself.  This also requires a 2.4.x kernel.  If folks want to do
this (a full transition to a new new device), I can add support...

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersee@debian.org