Missing /dev/ida/* from boot floppies Potato Compact 11/30/00

I ran into a minor problem with the Compact boot floppies from Potato dated
11/30/00. The Compaq SMART driver is built-in properly, but the devices,
/dev/ida/*, don't exist.

I copied over mkdev.ida from the Linux Source Documentation directory, executed
it, and restarted the installation -- all was well (after deleting mkdev.ida for
space reasons).

All the devices probably don't need to exist, but a single controller and disk
seems warranted (/dev/ida/c0d0p*).

Just thought you'd like to know.

Everything else was great, thanks for the good work! Debian rules!

Thanks,

Stephen