Re: new demo system -- chrooted!

On Mon, Jan 15, 2001 at 12:27:31AM -0700, Randolph Chung wrote:
> In reference to a message from Joey Hess, dated Jan 10:
> > Anthony Towns wrote:
> > > The debconf frontend should really be passed through to the udeb frontend;
> > > the keymap should already have been determined.
> ok, pardon me for being slow.. just got back from a trip....
> what exactly do you mean by passing the debconf frontend to the udeb
> frontend?

If installing any of the base debs fails, they may be able to do some
recovery via debconf; in which case it might be nice/interesting/useful
to let them use the cdebconf frontend that's already running for such
things.

OTOH, it seems quite difficult to do, so it might be better to just leave
well enough alone.

Cheers,
aj

     ``Thanks to all avid pokers out there''