RE: regarding potato images

Will grub work as a CD multi-boot menu system ?  I thought it was
hard/floppy disk based only.

Gary's system works by booting diskemu.bin as a floppy image.  That then
scans the standard multiboot catalog on the CD for other floppy images,
presents a menu and boots the selected one.

This wouldn't be Debian only code - it's OS-independent assembler.
diskemu.bin is a utility that will boot *any* floppy images we want.  I
haven't done it yet, but it appears to be just a matter of defining the
various floppy images we want in the list.  We could add various "tools"
floppies as well for that matter.  Even <shudder> DOS based tools :)

Check it out - his info page is at
http://www.geocities.com/iopat/diskemu.html and he says it will go open
source.  Sounds like he wouldn't mind it being used in this case.

--
Dean Carpenter
deano@areyes.com