[robert@namodn.com: Re: serial install]

I suppose I could have just looked on the FTP site instead of asking
that particular question.. I forgot that there is a file named "kernel-config"
that contains the uncommented .config kernel entries..

Unfortunately, CONFIG_SERIAL_CONSOLE is NOT in there.. :(

My experience is roughly the same as yours I would imagine..
I had to compile a custom kernel with this option enabled, then
everything was fine.

----- End forwarded message -----