Re: demo3a (network configuration working)

On Fri Dec 29, 2000 at 12:56:36AM -0800, David Whedon wrote:
> Known Problems:
> -proc filesystem isn't working, so I can't find the network interfaces
> automatically.

Hmm.  And doing a 'mount proc /proc -t proc' doesn't mount it?  How odd.

> -netkit-tiny's ifconfig didn't work for me, so I pulled in the standard one.
> -some of the output from netcfg is messed up, easy to fix, just messed up

Glad to see someone using it already.  I made netkit-tiny actually compile just
a week ago...  One thing to keep in mind is that the netkit-tiny ifconfig is
only intended for setting up interfaces at the moment.  It doesn't (yet) give
you the traditional 'ifconfig' type network status info that most folks have
come to know and love.  So, with that in mind, what specifically didn't work
for you?

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersee@debian.org