demo4? (ethernet autodetect)

Am I allowed to increment major demo versions too?

http://www.gordian.com/users/davidw/debian/demo4.tar.gz

Problems:
It's way too big.
It finds two cards so it tries to load the module twice, gets ann error.

Good things:
Detects ethernet card via libdetect, loads the module, the configure's the
interface with dhcp.

The following is another of those logs, I couldn't resist sending it, if you
anyone wants to play along you can too.

This will only work for you if you are running linux-2.2.17, since that is what
the modules I've included are compiled for, you can pull your own in if you
want from /lib/modules.  I made modules for all the cards, but we're only
detecting pci right now.

It's not fair if you already have a network up, so:
# ifconfig eth0 down ; ifconfig eth1 down
# rmmod eepro100
(or similar)

$ tar -xzf demo4.tar.gz
$ cd demo4
$ sudo chroot . /bin/sh
# mount proc -t proc /proc
# chown -R 0 /lib/modules/*
# /usr/share/debconf/frontend /usr/bin/main-menu
Debian Installer Main Menu
===========================

Choose the next step:
Here is the main menu of the Debian installer.
  1) Finish setting up the Debian installer
  2) Configure a static network
  3) Configure the network via DHCP
  4) Configure Network Hardware
1 - 4 [default = 4]>
unpacked or half-configured
etwork Hardware Configuration
===============================

What level of hardware detection would you like?
I can automatically detect some hardware.  If you want me to try to detect
your hardware you can choose between full and passive detection.  Full
detection may involve probing which could cause the computer to hang.  Some
hardware, like ISA cards, can only be detected with full detection.  If you
don't want me to do any detection, choose 'none' and you will be prompted.
  1) passive
  2) none
  1 - 2 [default = 1]>
  here
Network Hardware Configuration
===============================

Would you like me to attempt to load this module?
An ethernet card has been detected on the PCI.  In order for the operating
system to use this card the module 'eepro100' must be loaded.
[yes] / no>
Network Hardware Configuration
===============================

Please enter any additional parameters.
Some modules accept load-time parameters to customize their operation.  These
parameters are often I/O port and IRQ numbers that vary from machine to
machine and cannot be determined from the hardware. An example string looks
something like "IRQ=7 IO=0x220"

installer[19377]: running cmd 'insmod eepro100  '
installer[19377]: Using /lib/modules/2.2.17/net/eepro100.o
here
Network Hardware Configuration
===============================

Would you like me to attempt to load this module?
An ethernet card has been detected on the PCI.  In order for the operating
system to use this card the module 'eepro100' must be loaded.
[yes] / no>
Network Hardware Configuration
===============================

Please enter any additional parameters.
Some modules accept load-time parameters to customize their operation.  These
parameters are often I/O port and IRQ numbers that vary from machine to
machine and cannot be determined from the hardware. An example string looks
something like "IRQ=7 IO=0x220"

installer[19377]: running cmd 'insmod eepro100  '
installer[19377]: insmod: a module named eepro100 already exists
installer[19377]: Using /lib/modules/2.2.17/net/eepro100.o
Network Hardware Configuration
===============================

An error occured.
Something went wrong.
[Press enter to continue]

postinst exited with status 256
Debian Installer Main Menu
===========================

Choose the next step:
Here is the main menu of the Debian installer.
  1) Finish setting up the Debian installer
  2) Configure a static network
  3) Configure the network via DHCP
  4) Configure Network Hardware
1 - 4 [default = 4]> 3

That was the new thing, the last thing is to ocnfigure the network either
static or dhcp, both work, for me at least, last time I tried it.

-David