Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2000 22:59:23 +0100
From: Gergely Risko <risko@atom.hu>
To: Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org>
Subject: Re: lilo udebization

Hello!

On Mon, Dec 25, 2000 at 12:44:13AM -0800, Joey Hess wrote:
> Gergely Risko wrote:
> > You mean, before restart but after base-system installed, we can apt-get
> > from a chroot for example?
>
> Right. We could use apt or use the retreiver system that's part of d-i,
> it is capable of parsing normal Packages files and downloading regular
> .deb packages too.

Which is better? I think if we want to use apt, than the person who do the
base system install module (Joey? ;) ) will need to set the sources.list
from the infos which given to the retrivers, because it will be needed by
lilo installer module. Or I can use anna, which is more symphatetic. How
can I say to anna "please install a normal package to the base system
in /target, thanks"?

> We have to install whatever boot loader they choose onto the system we
> install after all, so I see little point in installing it into the
> installer's ramdisk as well.

Okay, now it is clear.

> Right. We will need a small udeb package to make that menu item of
> course.

thanks

> --
> see shy jo