PowerPC boot disk with USB support????

Hi all.
Does anyone know where I can find a rescue and
root disk in hfs format with USB support?
I have a friend who is trying to install Debian
on his PowerPC from the PowerPC CD-ROM dist. He
downloaded the boot-floppy-hfs.img and created
the rescue disk from that. It boots up fine but
when he gets no response from  the keyboard. He
has a USB keyboard and we think he needs a rescue
disk with USB support. Does anyone know where I
can find a rescue and root disk in hfs format
with USB support?

thanks!

xucaen