[fw: Re: I'd like to claim a task]

I should have cc'd boot:

----- Forwarded message from David Whedon <dwhedon@gordian.com> -----

From: David Whedon <dwhedon@gordian.com>
Subject: Re: I'd like to claim a task
To: "Eray Ozkural (exa)" <erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 12:57:08 -0800

cool,

First step would be to grab what we have so far from CVS:
# export CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous@cvs.debian.org:/cvs/debian-boot
# cvs login
(just press enter for a password)
# cvs co debian-installer

Look through the doc/ dir to familiarize yourself with where we are headed.
There are also a few posts to this list which show how to run the demos.

We're using cdebconf for the ui, so you may want to take a look at some of the
tools that are already using it to see how things will work (anna, main-menu and
netcfg come to mind.)

Everything is modular, we're making udebs, see this list for notes on making
udebs, or take a look at the tools in cvs that are already making them.

Then start coding :-)

Glad to have you on the team,

David