Re: bugs 64500 and 64823

On Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 10:17:09AM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> Sven LUTHER <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr> writes:

> > > Have it pass the 'cdrom' boot argument is the easiest way.
> >
> > Err, ...
> >
> > how do i do that ?
> >
> > for information, we launch the install process from a bootloader, some variant
> > of the amiboot used by m68k/amiga. The option of it are the name of the
> > kernel, the name of the root image and the usual kernel options.
>
> Yes, its a kernel boot argument.  surely you're boot loader lets you

ok, ...

> pass arguments to the kernel, such that they show up in /proc/cmdline ?

Yes, usre, i didn't understand how you read it back though, but if you parse
/proc/cmdline, it is easy ...

> > > There's a check in dbootstrap but I don't think that's working
> > > quite, at least, it didn't seem to work properly on i386.
> >
> > Well, i installed potato on a i386 box from a cd, and it worked in the way i
> > would like it to behave.
>
> Glad to hear that.

Will ask for a new round of testing, ...
And then upgrade the docs.

BTW, i guess another option would be to look at the place where we read
/proc/cmdline, and then set things up as if the boot arg cdrom was entered if
and only if we are on ppc and on the apus subarch. Which file should i look
for that ? mmm, maybe i should try some grepping, ...

What is the time schedule for potato r2 ? any chance to have this included (at
least the documentation fix telling about the cdrom boot option, but we are
working on a kernel + bootstrapper upgrade for apus also).

Friendly,

Sven Luther