Re: Anyone's building bf on a woody system?

On Tue, Nov 21, 2000 at 02:11:38PM -0700, Erik Andersen wrote:
> On Tue Nov 21, 2000 at 10:49:43PM +0300, Michael Sobolev wrote:
> > Subject asks it all. :)  I have problems compiling dbootstrap
> > on a woody system...  These may be caused by libc stuff...
> >
> > In file included from losetup.c:16:
> > /usr/include/linux/loop.h:62: #error "Wrong dev_t in loop.h"
>
> Argh.
Agree. :)

> You have modified your system such that /usr/include/linux is no longer a
> directory containing the kernel headers that libc was compiled with.  It is now
> a symlink, most likely to /usr/src/linux/include/linux.
>
> To fix this problem, put /usr/include/linux back that way it was (this is most
> easily done by doing an 'apt-get install --reinstall libc6 libc6-dev'
I wish it were this way.  This was the first thing I checked. :)  No, this file
(linux/loop.h) comes with libc6-dev package.  BTW, I also checked util-linux
source package (where mount comes from), and found that it contains some magic:

+++ "loop.h" +++
#include <linux/posix_types.h>
#undef dev_t
#define dev_t __kernel_dev_t