Re: [debian installer] main menu

Peter Novodvorsky wrote:
> I want to add, that until we have i18n'ed debconf and dpkg,

Um, debconf is already i18n's, as far as I know.

> debian-installer won't support any other languages than english.
> It's not good. This subject (i18n'izing of dpkg) was discussed in
> debian-i18n and debian-dpkg, AFAIR, and if that thoughts wil came to
> reality installer will support many languages automatically. (!)

Ugh. That's a very good point. I'm not going to hold my breath waiting
for dpkg to support some way to translate package descriptions.

I will need to come up with some workaround in the meantime. I'm looking
at two ideas: either use a seperate file in each package for the menu
data (and just use the control file for dependency info), or add
Description-<LL> items to the debian-installer packages even though dpkg
won't know what to do with them yet.

--
see shy jo