Re: wasted disk space

On Sat, Sep 30, 2000 at 05:35:48PM +0200, Massimo Dal Zotto wrote:
> I found that of my 2GB root filesystem more than 10% is wasted because it has
> been formatted by the potato installer with a 4K block size instead of 1K.

What exactly is on your /-mountpoint? home? var? usr? opt? Everything?

Can we have that awk script please and thanks for your work. I guess the
reason is, that nobody has bothered to change the default of mke2fs. The
default is actually calcilated from the File System size (and if it is news
or not). So perhaps we should talk to Ted about that?

Greetings
Bernd
--
  (OO)      -- Bernd_Eckenfels@Wendelinusstrasse39.76646Bruchsal.de --