Re: redesigning the debian installer

On Sat, 23 Sep 2000, Glenn McGrath wrote:

> > libfdisk is on the improve as well, and the code looks pretty nice, it
> > could probably be modularised for specific filesystems, only uspports
> > two architectures at the moment though.
> >
> > Glenn
>
> Crap, i meant libparted not libfdisk

Cheers, I'll have a look at that too; I'm more interested in concentrating
on the logic we're going to have to use to drive any disk-configuring
robot. I'd like to be able to say:

  Which disks do you want to install stuff onto?
  Do you want to keep any partitions on these disks? (ok, which ones)
  Do you want me to work out where to stick things automaticly? (ooh, goody)

Then internally you've got to work out how much swap to allocate, and fill
in all the other blanks which haven't been specified by the user with
computed values.

Mk