Can't install non-Nautilus on UP1100

I created a Debian 2.2r0 'Official alpha binary-1' CD last week. I
used it to install the Nautilus kernel on a UP1100, but then the
machine wouldn't boot because of 'lost interrupt' errors. It has been
suggested that I use the generic kernel, not Nautilus, because the
UP1100 has SRM. However, I don't seem to be able to get dbootstrap to
install a non-Nautilus kernel. When I do 'Install OS kernel & modules'
from the CD-ROM, it asks me for a directory containing
nautilus/images-1.44/rescue.bin, so I always get the Nautilus version.

Am I doing something really stupid, or does the installation procedure
on the CD really force the use of Nautilus for a UP1100?

Thanks.

- Robert Funnell

(Sorry if you've already seen this posting. I posted it to
debian-alpha yesterday and to debian-cd today, but it has been
suggested that maybe debian-boot would be appropriate. Please forgive
a gnewbie.)

--
W. Robert J. Funnell, Ph.D., Eng., Assoc. Prof.
Dept. BioMedical Engineering, McGill University