Re: Default kernel config.

Tommy Moore <stp@odysseus.yi.org> writes:

> Well, I'm not sure the patch should be applied to the kernel just
> yet for a couple of reasons. One of them is that the screen reader
> is alpha software, but is quite usalbe in it's current form, the
> other reason is that if the synthesiser isn't connected the system
> won't boot up. Plus since the patch supports multiple synthesisers
> each synth has a seporate kernel image. The reason why it is built
> in instead of added as a module is so that the user will be able to
> see what the system is doing during all stages incase of boot
> problems.  If you want to read more about it the url for the page is
> www.linux-speakup.org/

Ah.

Well, I think at this point what Debian should do is keep an eye on it
and see how it matures.  Since it's not yet stable, I don't think it
is at the quality level we need yet to include it in the
Distribution.

However, others are encouraged to provide unofficial supplemental
materials (such as an alternate set of boot/root floppies) -- and we
are concerned about serving the needs of the those with special
interface needs.