Re: potato release notes missing

On Wed, Aug 16, 2000 at 11:44:34PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> Josip Rodin <joy@cibalia.gkvk.hr> writes:
>
> > Actually, no, this is not in webwml, because the file is built differently
> > for different architectures, and it'd be a bit harder to maintain if it was
> > in wml.
>
> You don't understand.  I know its processed by m4.  But on
> www.debian.org/releases/potato, that file (arch/i386/index.html) is
> unnecessary  and even disruptive.  The Debian web site uses WML.

I disagree, it's useful, having directories without index.html is bad.

If we put that in webwml, that means creating one dir per architecture, with
a Makefile and an index.wml file. Aside from the cruftiness issue :) the
problem is that other arches will most probably get out of sync with i386.
If they're generated from a single source, that's less likely to happen.