Re: Debian2.2 Won't install
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Debian2.2 Won't install
- From: Adam Di Carlo <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: 14 Aug 2000 17:54:41 -0400
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: Nathan Valentine's message of "Wed, 26 Jul 2000 12:34:14 -0400"
- References: <20000726100531.A35540@tobi.nu> <20000726080338.A4656@droopy.dcs.uky.edu> <20000726072005.R2477@tausq.org> <20000726123414.E4949@droopy.dcs.uky.edu>
Nathan Valentine <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> > Indeed netfetch will try to do HTTP/1.1 style continuations if it can
> > and append to the file. Unfortunately the code is not very robust, and
> > there are a number of proxies out there that seem rather broken wrt to
> > HTTP/1.1 range headers.
> Ah, so this is a known issue. FWIW, I've also seen this happen
> on boxes with direct connections to the Net. Meaning not going
> through any proxies.
Why don't we just disable continuations then?
Seems like this is a nasty bug in boot-floppies to me.
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@onShore.com.....<URL:http://www.onShore.com/>