Re: not i18ned part in b-f 2.2.15

Thanks for your reply, Adam.

In <[🔎] oag0oi4gg8.fsf@arroz.fake>,
 on "06 Aug 2000 10:22:47 -0400",
  Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com> wrote:

> > > Why would we do it this way and not just have it be added as part of
> > > base2_2.tgz ?
>
> > How this can be implemented ? To create a package including
> > the script above, and get it into base ?
>
> Strange question.  As indicated above, it can be wedged into CVS,
> i.e., scripts/rootdisk/prototype/sbin/termwrap .

I had read that "just have it be added as part of base2_2.tgz" means
creating a new package and get it into base2_2.tgz.

I think scripts/rootdisk/sbin/termwrap is the way to add it into
just root disk only, without adding the code to put it into
target system as written above.

> > If you think that it is better to have a package for "termwrap",
> > then I will recommend yosshy (Akira YOSHIYAMA) to create it, and
> > I will sponsor to upload it.
>
> Absolutely not.  No new packages!

OK, I see.  If noone has objection, I will commit that wrapper script
as scripts/rootdisk/sbin/termwrap into CVS, and add the code at the
end of extract_base() in order to put it into target system.

I think the package for that script can be provided for woody,
or are there any packages which is appropriate to include that
wrapper or any other command providing a similar function ?

BTW, are there anyone try to use dynafont which is introduced
debian-devel several days ago ?  I'm interested in it, but I
don't have enough time to test it currently.

I have succeed to use the bterm on normal potato system,
but bterm seems to require the root in order to work well.
neither using sudo nor setting suid seems to be not sufficient.

--
  Taketoshi Sano: <sano@debian.org>,<sano@debian.or.jp>,<kgh12351@nifty.ne.jp>