Boot Floppy Issues

Hello.

I am having a problem installing Debian on my computer, an old Toshiba Satellite notebook. It has no cd-rom drive, so I followed the instructions to create a boot floppy (the low-memory version, since I believe it has only 4 or 5 megs of ram). But when I try to boot with this floppy (or the regular rescue floppy, for that matter), I just get a message saying "Boot Failed." I was wondering if you could give me any advice on this. Thanks.

Marc Sherry