[laerities_666@yahoo.com: Mounting CD-rom]

Heh.

----- Forwarded message from Michael Woodard <laerities_666@yahoo.com> -----

Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 08:45:43 -0700 (PDT)
From: Michael Woodard <laerities_666@yahoo.com>
Subject: Mounting CD-rom
To: doc-debian@packages.debian.org

Y'know, I'm not going to spend the rest of my life
trying to figure out how to install a new operating
system into my computer. It isn't my fault I can't
afford to buy a new computer, so why must I persecuted
just because I happen to own a Tandy with a Intel 486
SX processor? I shouldn't be. All I want is to mount a
cdrom drive, but the stupid thing won't let me.

At the prompt, I type in
mount -t iso9660 -o ro /dev/hde /cdrom
like the manual says, but it never works. If this
command doesn't mount a freaking cd-rom what the heck
does? I know I have to mount from /dev/hde because
that's where the cdrom is hooked up to. So, before I
absolutely lose my patience and start bludgeoning my
poor old Tandy with a blunt instrument, tell exactly
what I'm doing wrong. PLEASE! I'm begging you, and my
Tandy is pleading for its life.