Re: woody installation system

> Massimo Dal Zotto wrote:
> > If it can help I have an automatic installer for slink (a hack but it works
> > fine), a small debconf clone which can fit in a bootfloppy (this is not yet
> > complete but it can already read and write a debconf db)
>
> Please show us what you've got. I'm particularly interested in a small
> debconf clone in C. However, cloning the current database format is the
> last thing you should worry about, it's going to be changing.

It is not written in C. I don't use C for developing the boot-floppies, it is
too difficult to debug in the limited enviroment of a rescue disk. My debconf
is written in awk which is in my boot-floppies because I use it for many
other things. Implementing debconf in awk is not one of the most exciting
experiences, also because the documentation on the internals of debconf is
very synthetic, but I had no other choices.

--
Massimo Dal Zotto

|  Massimo Dal Zotto               email: dz@cs.unitn.it               |
|  Via Marconi, 141                phone: ++39-0461534251              |
|  38057 Pergine Valsugana (TN)      www: http://www.cs.unitn.it/~dz/  |
|  Italy                             pgp: finger dz@tango.cs.unitn.it  |