Re: woody installation system

> Ok, let's just call it debian-installer. Adam, please make a new
> module with that name in the debian-boot cvs repository.
>
> --
> see shy jo

Let's call it "debian-automatic-installer". What I intend here is something
that given an installation medium and a config floppy or file can install a
new machine in a totally unattended mode. Of course it must also support the
traditional manual installation.

If it can help I have an automatic installer for slink (a hack but it works
fine), a small debconf clone which can fit in a bootfloppy (this is not yet
complete but it can already read and write a debconf db), an hardware detect
tool (based on proc and kernel messages), and some ideas on how an automatic
installer should work. What I lack now is the time to merge all this things
into an usable package, but would like to contribute to this project.

--
Massimo Dal Zotto

|  Massimo Dal Zotto               email: dz@cs.unitn.it               |
|  Via Marconi, 141                phone: ++39-0461534251              |
|  38057 Pergine Valsugana (TN)      www: http://www.cs.unitn.it/~dz/  |
|  Italy                             pgp: finger dz@tango.cs.unitn.it  |