Potato install: problems loading modules

I downloaded the latest (2.2.15) boot-floppies (boot, root,
dev1-3) and
started a fresh installation. During the modconf step I noticed
some
glitches:

- Some modules dependancies are not resolved automatically.
  Noticeably lp is not loaded if I don't load parport_pc
manually.

- A lot of modules are marked with (No description available).
  I want to contribute more descriptions: what I have to do?
  I dowloaded the modconf_0.2.26.14.tar.gz, but I was unable to
  figure out myself.

- Every time I load a module I get the:

    Note: /target/etc/modules.conf is more recent than
    /lib/modules/2.2.15/modules.dep

  Debian 2.1 did not annoy with that. Is possible to fix it?

Niccolo