Re: [woody,debinst] (Was: Re: [dbootstrap] `newt' and `boxes.c', `bogl' and `bowl'[, `???' and `boxeX.c'?])

    Erik> Agreed re parted.  I think a cool project would be hacking a GUI similar to
    Erik> cfdisk into parted...

 Yes, that would be a good thing to do.  If we used Newt for the
 interface, we'd have X for free, with `gnewt'.

    Erik> Using compressed ext2 could also work.  Works just like regular ext2 until you
    Erik> chattr files, at which point they are transparently compressed/uncompressed.

 Does that already just work, or does it require patches to the
 kernel?  It tried the `chattr' command, and it didn't appear to do
 anything.  How do I know the file is really compressed?