[dbootstrap] `newt' and `boxes.c', `bogl' and `bowl'[, `???' and `boxeX.c'?]

 I discovered today that the `boot-floppies' "root.bin" has the entire
 libnewt.so on it, rather than a subset as I had assumed previously.
 I somehow never noted that there's a libslang.pic, but not a
 libnewt.pic.

 Given that the full functionality of Newt is at our disposal, I think
 we ought to put some work into the GUI, and utilize things like
 newtGrid's and whatnot.  I'm going to start learning Newt, and see
 what I can come up with.

 I'll try to keep in mind that there needs to be a generic interface
 that can be implemented by other GUI frontends, in the way that
 `boxes.c' and `bowl' do it now.  I'm going to break things on purpose
 though, just for the freedom of it.  I'll do a newt interface, if I
 can, and not worry too much about `bogl' for now.

 Any ideas as to what it should look like and how it ought to look?  I
 took a hike up the hill today and thought about it some.  For one
 thing, the partition / format / fstab stuff ought not be serial; it
 ought to be one or two screens of setup, then it runs all the
 commands to partition, format and mount.

 The main menu could be nicer also...  anyway, if you've any good
 ideas, let me know.  I'll be on IRC all evening.

--
A few months in the laboratory often saves several hours at the library.
mailto:karlheg@debian.org (Karl M. Hegbloom)