Sparc CDROM booting

 Date:     02-06-2000 11:07:59 AM
 Telephone:
 Subject:  Sparc CDROM booting

 Hello Debian Install Team,

 Please help,

 I am trying to install Potato on my Sparc 20 machine from a set of Sparc
 binary CDROMs bought at the Linux Expo in London yesterday. I get down to
 the prom and issue the familiar "boot cdrom" command and when it tries to
 boot i get a message there is a Bad Magic number on the Superblock and it
 refuses to boot. I have preveously been running Redhat 5.2 and 6.0 on this
 machine and it boots these disks in this manner without a problem. If i
 cannot boot from the cdroms how do i create boot floppies for the sparc
 (presumably with the dd command). I have reinstalled Redhat 6 on the
 machine so i have a working system and can mount the distribution CDROM ,
 i just need a bit of a hand with floppy creation process.

 with thanks

 Phil Payne.