Re: Errouneous link in dist upgrade documentation

On Thu, 25 May 2000, Josip Rodin wrote:

> On Wed, May 24, 2000 at 10:27:31PM +0200, J.A. Bezemer wrote:
>
> > > Anne, I see there's a HTML and a plain text version - are they perhaps
> > > generated from a single SGML source?
> >
> > No, they're actually from a cpp-preprocessed HTML file and lynx -dump; see
> > upgrade-i386/source/doc-src.
>
> Okay, I'll see if any of that is impossible to do with our SGML+Makefile
> stuff.
>
> > I use the CPP preprocessing mainly to get multiple $ARCH variants from one
> > source.
>
> The system the current release notes use does have support for this, and
> other things.

I succeeded in checking it out, and had a quick look at it. There shouldn't be
big problems merging things to one SGML file (and thus abandoning cpp and lynx
etc.)

I hope to look more in-depth tomorrow, and maybe already do some merging. No
promises though, I've got loads of other things to do.

[...]
> > That's okay, then I'll finally have a good reason to learn CVS ;-)
> >
> > From what I've heard, CVS "should" be done with/over ssh. Do you need my
> > ssh identity.pub ?
>
> IIRC once you get the access, both RSA and password authentication work
> (I use the normal password auth). Adam, can you get Anne this access?

I'm regularly in some "insecure" environment with X-terminals, and I've
figured out that the most secure thing is using an ssh-agent on a specific
machine (X-terminals send _everything_ in cleartext, but there is one specific
route in the network where there "can't" be any sniffers. You don't want to
know more ;-).

So, what exactly do you need?

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer