Re: dselect-beginner.sgml

Hi,

On Tue, May 23, 2000 at 07:24:00PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> I don't know if I agree with that assessment.  The German install
> manual is absolutely not sync'd to the English version; it was last
> sync'd perhaps 2 years ago.   It is i386 only also.

well, slink is not released that long ago ;).

> I would prefer if the chapter IDs could be changed to match the
> English version.

yep, i did it i should apply it to cvs.

> dselect is optional and somehow my guess is that most users will avoid
> it.  I think resyncing the install manual to potato HEAD version is
> more important.

well, as we are preparing our linuxtag 2000 debian cdrom we are
also trying to sync the german version with the english version.
so there are some actions taken to improve this situation. and
during the review of the various files (i made sort of a todo for
each chapter) i found it that i oversaw a chapter which explains
dselect and apt(-get). and that's why i am asking if it isn't
useful that it is also included in the english version,
independently whether the german version is up2date or not.

and whoever in *.de/*.at/*.ch reads this i am open for people who
want to work on the translation ...

so long
Othmar