install from filesystem bug (Was: Re: boot-floppies CVS)

On Sat, May 20, 2000 at 02:02:46PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> Um, is this a reversed patch?
no, its just a diff between a previous version I used here and the one I got
from CVS. I just wanted to show what I think is wrong. If its fixed in CVS,
fine, I did not check in anything for some time.

While testing 2.2.15 for m68k, I found two bugs.
I allready said that installing from a local mirror does not work. This is
due to a typo in /usr/sbin/apt-setup
  # A very simple mirror sanity check.
  if [ ! -d "RET" ]; then
should be
  if [ ! -d "$RET" ]; then

I did not find this file in the boot-floppies source though, so I can not
provide a patch.

The second problem is with non-us software, I selected to install from a
filesystem as I also have non-US locally mirrored. However the scripts try
to connect to non-us.d.o, which does not work and is not desired, since I
want to install from my local mirror. I think this also comes from
apt-setup, so again, no patch.

Besides that, 2.2.15 looks ok for m68k, will this be the version put on CD?
Can I upload another 2.2.13 for m68k? I rebuilt it using a new (working)
amiga-fdisk, I hope amiga-fdisk[-bf] will be installed by monday, it is
absolutely needed, since the old one has a buffer overflow under certain
conditions, makeing it difficult to install on some amigas, if you want to
partition the harddisk under linux.

Christian